Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Capture triggers and 1.4

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 15:01:20 -0700

On May 25, 2010, at 9:36 AM, Gerald Combs wrote:

Bugs 2039 and 3967 contain two completely different capture trigger
enhancements. Has anyone tested or reviewed them? It would be nice if we
could get some sort of triggering in 1.4.

3967 looks interesting, although, unfortunately, he uses -k for the "start" trigger, and -k already means "start the
capture once the app is started" in Wireshark, and we should ultimately support this in Wireshark and TShark as well.

We could make "-G" mean "start the capture once the app is started" in Wireshark, and use -k in
TShark/Wireshark/dumpcap for the start trigger.