Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: URL not working (Was: [Wireshark-commits] rev 32995)

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 13:54:54 -0400

Maynard, Chris wrote:

4) Now suppose I want to use Inacon's help (which is quite nice by the way) for most protocol help that they provide
for free; yet I still want help for other protocols that they don't provide for free, perhaps from a different site
such as Wikipedia, networksorcery, etc.  Is there a way that you could have multiple .ini's and each one could be
tried in a specific order until a valid help page is reached or the list of .ini's is exhausted?  For example, Inacon
doesn't provide free help on IGMP, but both Wikipedia and network sorcery do, albeit not as nicely as Inacon would,
I'm sure.  Still, it would be better than nothing.  So the idea would be that getting an "Access Denied" (or "Page
not found") from something like http://www.inacon.de/ph/data/IGMP/index.php might cause the help request to redirect
to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IGMP, or http://www.networksorcery.com/enp/protocol/igmp.htm, or maybe even
http://wiki.wireshark.org/IGMP or whichever other site you prefer.

That would be tough since (only) the browser will know whether it found
a valid page or not.