Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Filtering sequence numbers between concurrent incoming TCP transmissions

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 19:34:32 -0400

On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 11:40 AM, Jeff Bruns <jeff.bruns () gmail com> wrote:
Richard-
Thank you, you answered my question. I had entirely overlooked the TCP
sender's port number, having not occurred at the time that the port number
will differ from message to message. Brain hiccup.

And as expected, the TCP port number of the first message is 54823, the
second message 54824.

Thanks for the help.

Jeff Bruns

Oh good!  That works.