Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to print longs from Lua?

From: philippe alarcon <philippe.alarcon () live fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 21:45:53 +0200

Sorry, I have missed you want to print your value in a text window !
Yes, I think you are right.
It is the easiest way for doing this.
And you can use again string.format to display the byte value in hex.

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 15:21:38 -0400
From: beth.tridium () gmail com
To: wireshark-dev () wireshark org
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] How to print longs from Lua?

Thanks for your reply!

Actually if I want to display the value in Wireshark then I can just make it a ProtoField.uint64() and it displays just
fine.

What I'm trying to do now is print the value on a Lua text window (and/or to a file).  Maybe I can convert to a
ByteArray and then access the bytes one at a time that way.