Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Upgraded wireshark to 1.2.6 but now old pcap files cannot be read

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:57:29 -0700

On Mar 23, 2010, at 7:45 PM, Kok-Yong Tan wrote:

Any recommendations?  Can I build the version of libz that predates
this wholesale replacement of gz* functions?

It's not necessarily that simple.  You would have to build it in such a way that the MacPorts version of Wireshark
would use it, and I've never used MacPorts, so I don't know how that would be done.

Alternatively, you could try to build Wireshark without libz support; again, I've never used MacPorts, so I don't know
how that would be done.  That would mean that it wouldn't be able to read gzipped files - you'd have to gunzip the file
and have Wireshark read it.

Do you know which one that was?

zlib 1.2.3.