Wireshark mailing list archives

Tool to compare dumps from two hosts and highlight inconsistencies

From: "Kamens, Jonathan" <jkamens () Advent COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 14:43:08 -0400

Greetings,

I'm trying to find a tool to do something that seems to obvious that someone must have written it already, but my Web
searches have come up blank.

In a nutshell, I want to capture TCP packets on two hosts and then run the two packet captures through a tool which
analyzes both sides of the connection and highlights anomalies.  The one I'm most interested in is packets that were
sent by one side and never received by the other.

Does anything like this exist?

Thanks,

Jonathan Kamens
Operations Manager
[cid:image001.jpg@01CAC772.7D9D4B20]<http://www.advent.com/solutions/by-product/tamale-rms>
201 South Street, Suite 300, Boston, MA  02111
Phone: +1 617 261 0264 ext. 133 | Mobile : +1 617 417 8989 | Fax: + 1 617 812 0330
jkamens () advent com<mailto:jkamens () advent com> | www.advent.com<http://www.advent.com/>