Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How do I call the pkcs1 dissection from another dissector?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 12:59:35 -0400

Kaul wrote:

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:21 AM, Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws
<http://jeff.morriss.ws>@gmail.com <http://gmail.com>> wrote:

    Kaul wrote:
     > find_dissector("pkcs-1") doesn't seem to be the correct way to do it.
     > How do I do it?
     > There's a PKCS1 blob I want the PKCS#1 dissector to dissect. How do I
     > call it? I can create a TVB for it, of course.

    You'd need that dissector to be registered by name (by calling
    register_dissector()) first.

Can you elaborate a bit? Who's 'that' ? my dissector or the PKCS#1? And
how do I make the PKCS#1 register? It is one of the automatically
created dissectors...

Sorry, I meant the PKCS#1 dissector (i.e., you'd have to modify the
dissector).  Looking briefly at that dissector, I don't quite know how
register_dissector() should be called (in fact I'm not even clear what
the entry point to that dissector is!).