Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Conditional capture stop

From: bart sikkes <b.sikkes () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 18:41:56 +0100

hello john,

i don't believe wireshark itself offers this option, you will probably
end up writing some script around it.

bart

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 3:03 PM, Pachuta, John (NBC Universal, WMAQ)
<John.Pachuta () nbcuni com> wrote:
I am a new user and am not sure if this is the place to post this question.

I would like to start a capture and have the ability it issue a
periodic "ping" to an IP address. If I do not get a response back stop
capture at a set time later.

Thanks John