Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Secured way of using Wireshark

From: "David H. Lipman" <DLipman () Verizon Net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 16:31:27 -0400

From: "Jakub Zawadzki" <darkjames () darkjames ath cx>

| On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:23:13PM -0400, Maynard, Chris wrote:
I guess you are unaware that many companies (such as the one I work for) have a policy
in place on their mail servers whereby the various notices, disclaimers, etc. are
automatically appended to any outgoing mail.  My company has been doing this at least
as far back as 2004 (http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-dev/200407/msg00427.html).
At the time, I even contacted our IT group to ask that the disclaimers be removed from
outgoing e-mails, particularly when they are being sent to open-source mailing lists
such as this one.  But as you can tell by the annoying disclaimer that will inevitably
be appended to this e-mail, I was unsuccessful.  As stupid as they are, these
disclaimers are not likely to go away IMO.

| Piece of advice from http://www.cygwin.com/ml/#disclaimer-bounce might help.

If your company servers automatically add it, either persuade your
sysadmins to turn it off for the lists, post from home, or use a free
web-based e-mail service. There's enough of them out there.

No disclaimers are appended.  Use the NNTP client of your choice;  Thunderbird, XNews,
Windows Mail, OE....

--
Dave