Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: SSL or TCP https in capture

From: Hansang Bae <for_list_hbae () nyc rr com>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 14:20:40 -0400

On 6/30/2010 3:50 PM, David Alanis wrote:
Quoting Mary Budarz <mbudarz () medred com>:

Can someone explain to me why some of the packets show the
"protocol" SSL and some show TCP when the details show that https
was used?
Related question - is there a way to show the port used in the
table? (summary view of the capture)
Thanks

Some one posted this wonderful document and I would like to take this
opportunity to check if they're more like this?

Extensive videos perhaps?

That's Sake's presentation from last year's sharkfest.  The presentation
along with video of the session (I'm pretty sure it was recorded) is on
sharkfest's link.  You'll see a link go sharkfest on wireshark.org.