Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: not capturing data packets

From: Martin Visser <martinvisser99 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 13:37:28 +0800

What "NIC" are you using for capture? The team adapter is virtual, so
possibly the WinPcap shim does not work well with that configuration. (It
might see all of the traffic if you choose the physical adapter).

You might be better off port-mirroring on the switch it connects to, and
capturing on a dedicated Wireshark box, rather than the server

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99 () gmail com