Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Command line parameters not parsed on MacOS?

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 15:15:14 -0700

On Jul 16, 2010, at 3:05 PM, Srivats P wrote:

btw can you confirm - the reason to install the scripts to
/usr/local/bin is just to put them in a place which is in $PATH to
avoid typing /Applications/Wireshark.app/Contents/Resources/bin/wireshark?

Yes.

The latter also works (unless it has side effects that I don't know
about) ...

The script itself doesn't care (and, I think, doesn't even *know*) where it's located.