Wireshark mailing list archives

ssl.handshake and ring buffer capture

From: "John Modlin" <jmodlin () kyloc com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 08:25:17 -0400

Hi,

I've setup tshark to do a nightly capture and include ssl traffic.  The
decryption is working great.  The problem

I have is I'm keeping files to a 50mb size so the files are manageable in
wireshark to view and filter.  The captures

Can be several hundred mb.  The decryption works great in the 1st capture
file from the ring buffer where the

Ssl.handshake info exists, but the subsequent files from the ring buffer
don't have that information in it of course,

And consequently wireshark does not then decrypt the subsequent files.

Is there an eloquent way to handle this?

Thanks,

John