Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Question

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 16:39:32 +0200

On 12 jul 2010, at 20:25, Carlos Espinosa T/Mexico/IBM wrote:

I trying to open a eth file but I receive a msg  indicationg that eth isn't
a capture file in a format Wireshark understands.      Could you help me?

Is it a binary file or a text file? If on linux, what does the command 'file' has to say about the file? If not, what
are the first few (8 or so) bytes of the file?

Cheers,

Sake