Wireshark mailing list archives

Obsolete check_col(pinfo->cinfo, COL_INFO)

From: David Aggeler <david_aggeler () hispeed ch>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 20:10:42 +0200

In my opinion the numerous checks for check_col() in the dissectors.are
superfluous (and confusing).
All col_set_xxxx() functions in column-utils.c correctly check for the
precondition.
And the precondition is better placed in column-utils.c. Once done,
removing the export would be the logical consequence.

As I don't have direct SVN access and since I'm not core member, I'm not
sure whether I should start this change.
Would a single .diff file do? Any objection or motivation do do so?

David