Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Wireshark Macbook Air USB assistance

From: John C <johnc73 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:16:54 +0800

Guy,
   That corrected the issue - thank you for the helpful information.

John C

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 2:35 AM, Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu> wrote:

On Jan 26, 2010, at 1:28 AM, John C wrote:

I just installed Wireshark 1.2.4 on my MacBook Air, and I need some
assistance in getting the USB Ethernet Interface to be recognized to do
captures from. Does anyone know how to get the USB ethernet interface
to show up in the selectable capture interface list so you can get
ethernet captures from the USB interface ? Neither my Airport nor my USB
port are showing up as capture interfaces (I have no interfaces to select).

Try running the commands

       sudo chown {your login ID} /dev/bpf*

and see if that fixes the problem.