Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to Debug wireshark in Eclipse on Linux Enviroment?

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 18:48:07 -0700

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:05:10PM +0800, ??? wrote:

How Can I use Eclipse CDT to debug the Wireshrak,

I've used Eclipse a bit and I think that it's really overkill and not
geared toward doing Wireshark type development.

It may take some getting used to if you're used to GUI based debugging,
but gdb is a great tool to use for Wireshark debugging on Unix
platforms.  If you want it to be tied into an IDE, I like using Emacs
with its built-in gdb calling support.

Steve