Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Decode RTP over TCP (Jaap Keuter)

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:38:02 +0100

Hi,

Oke, I rephrase:
Currently there's no implementation for RTP over streaming transport.
Only UDP transport is supported now.

Thanks,
Jaap

On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:08:54 +0200, Josephine Kakande
<jnkakande () gmail com>

Message: 4
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 11:34:49 +0100
From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Decode RTP over TCP
To: Community support list for Wireshark
       <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
 delsp=yes

Hi,

Currently there's no implementation for RFC 4571 (assuming that's what
you are refering to). Only UDP transport is supported now.

Thanks,
Jaap

Thanks Jaap, but I'm not referring to RFC 4571. I already have an
RTP-over
TCP stream, and would like to use Wireshark's 'RTP Analysis' feature to
analyse this flow, in terms of delay, bandwidth etc.

However RTP isn't an option under the 'Decode as'  options for TCP
packets.
Can anyone advise on how to deploy RTP analysis for a TCP flow?

Thanks,
Josephine

On 22 jan 2010, at 10:24, Josephine Kakande <jnkakande () gmail com>