Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: buildbot failure in Wireshark (development) on Windows-XP-x86

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames () darkjames ath cx>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 10:03:20 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 10:52:55AM +0200, Gerasimos Dimitriadis wrote:
libui.lib(new_packet_list.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol _g_strdup_unescape_underscore referenced in function
_col_title_edit_dlg
libui.lib(prefs_column.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol _g_strdup_unescape_underscore
libui.lib(new_packet_list.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external
symbol _g_strdup_escape_underscore referenced in function
_col_title_change_ok
libui.lib(prefs_column.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external
symbol _g_strdup_escape_underscore
wireshark.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals

These two functions were defined in epan/column.c. Because I am not
familiar with nmake, does this mean that column.c should be somehow
marked for linking to libui.lib? Or do you think that it would be
better to just move these 2 functions to another source file?

I think you need to add g_strdup_escape_underscore to libwireshark.def
but I'm also not expert in windows build system :)