Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: how to start Wireshark automatically at each boot-up?

From: Karthik Balaguru <karthikbalaguru79 () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 19:00:26 +0530

On 1/14/10, Hrishikesh Murali <hrishikeshmurali88 () gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Dai Nish <dai_nish () yahoo co nz> wrote:

Please advise me how you could start Wireshark automatically and use it to
monitor network traffic at each boot-up.

Just add the line "wireshark&" to /etc/rc.local

Will wireshark be able to select the interface by just adding the
above line ? I think, it will only start the wireshark.

Thx in advans,
Karthik Balaguru