Wireshark mailing list archives

1.3.3 - "proto_register_field_array" crashes with type "FT_BYTES"

From: "Tobias Erichsen" <t.erichsen () gmx de>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:30:03 +0100

Hi everyone,

I have noticed that my dissector crashes Wireshark 1.3.3
when trying to register my array (proto_register_field_array)
which contains the following record:

        {
                &hf_rtp_midi_unknown_data,
                {
                        "Unknown Data",
                        "rtpmidi.unknown_data",
                        FT_BYTES,
                        BASE_HEX,
                        NULL,
                        0x7f,
                        NULL, HFILL
                }
        },

The function "tmp_fld_check_assert" breaks in the default
switch in the check for DISSECTOR_ASSERT(hfinfo->strings == NULL);

Well - based on a comment from Jaap here in the list I had just
changed all of my fields from "" to NULL, but obviously at this
place it is not the right thing to do...

Any hints?

Best regards,
Tobias