Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Lua script: get to HTTP GET / POST body [sort-of-SOLVED]

From: varname <varname () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 15:43:22 +0100

Stig Bjørlykke wrote:
Have a look at my mail regarding a similar issue:
http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201002/msg00250.html

yes I saw that message, thank you for the patch (I'm currently using
that build).

A problem I run into is that I want to dump the contents of the userdata
I get to a file, but to do that I apparently need to convert it first to
a string (otherwise a Lua error pops up: "bad argument, string expected,
got userdata").

Conversion gets me a long hex-string, while I'd rather directly have binary.

I've tried to find anything on userdata serialisation but it seems it is
not possible (at least not from only within Lua).

Do you see any other ways to do this?