Wireshark mailing list archives

Decoding problem

From: Salman Malik <salmanmk () live com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:43:53 +0000

I've got a pcap file and I am trying to copya packet from one file to another (new and empty) pcap file using
pcap_next_ex (to read) and pcap_dump(to write). But when I open the new file, it shows me" Raw packet data" and is
perhaps unable to decode the packet. I've compared the hex stream of the copied packet and its correctly copied. So
what could be wrong ?