Wireshark mailing list archives

Reliability?

From: "Bob Carlson" <bob () rjcarlson com>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2010 17:06:04 -0700

We have been trying to do a long running capture and we cannot keep Wireshark up
and running. WS is up to date. We are monitoring 1 port and writing out 100MB
files. Each file is filled in a 2-4 hours. WS will not stay up forever. It dies
every so often. We are trying a larger buffer size.

Are there any known issues?

Cheers, Bob

Bob Carlson | +1 719 571 9228 (office)  | +1 541 521 9525 (mobile)

bob () rjcarlson com  | rjcarlson49 (aim or skype)