Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Disabling "File Preview"

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 17:31:58 +0100

Hi,

Should '0' be interpreted as disable file preview? That would worth an
enhancement bug.

Thanks,
Jaap

On Mon, 01 Feb 2010 14:45:21 -0500, Jim <jak () globalprotocols com> wrote:
I need to disable 'file preview' feature completely.  I've tried
unsuccessfully to set time-out to 0.   I also searched some of the
archive
and
most of the online documentation without finding any clues.

The traces I am looking at are on an NFS mount over a relatively slow
VPN
and
Wireshark can stall for a minute or more as it tries to read every file
in
the
directory.

Thanks in advance.