Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 31824: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trunk/epan/dissectors/: packet-applemidi.c

From: Bill Meier <wmeier () newsguy com>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 19:35:59 -0500

Guy Harris wrote:
On Feb 7, 2010, at 3:52 PM, wmeier () wireshark org wrote:

-Remove (seemingly) not needed dissector registration on UDP port 0;

The intent *might* have been to allow "Dissect As..." to allow you to specify AppleMIDI as a protocol for UDP.  If
so, and if it's not registered for a particular UDP port, the right way to do that is to use dissector_add_handle().

Thanks ....

I'm just about to commit a comment on the original enhancement request
giving a bit more information on the code changes I made.