Wireshark mailing list archives

malformed packet

From: martin <martin3 () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 16:15:34 -0400

This is not specific to Wireshark however I am using wireshark to analyze
this conversation.
I am getting a bad checksum specifically on one packet. This occurs on a
home grown application which is tested on other machines. I would appreciate
any pointers as to what this may be due to. Cannot think it could be
hardware as it happens only on a specific packet generated by the app.