Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Dissection of LTE-RRC

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2010 12:44:51 +0200

Hi,

Le 31 août 2010 à 09:38, Vishal Kumar Singh <vishal.ismdh () gmail com> a écrit :

Hi All,

I have been trying to make RRC Dissector using the source code available at
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk-1.4/epan/dissectors/.

Simply, I am trying to build a library in any directory. After that, I copy the library to the plugin directory of
wireshark. When I run wireshark and send some packets,  I get DL CCCH message only, proto_register_protocol invokes
only "dissect_lte_rrc_DL_CCCH_Message" Function. I made a simple change to meet my motive. Instead, I invoked
"dissect_lte_rrc_Message", which further calls dissector function for DL CCCH, UL CCCH, UL DCCH etc.  But, now i have
to make a decision based on which only one of all is called. Presently, when all the three dissector function is
invoked.

Why creating a plugin based on the existing dissector instead of using the dissector itself ?

Please, suggest me a suitable method to this. Can i select based on message type to differentiate UL CCCH, UL DCCH,
DL CCCH messages? Or, is there any other method to differentiate the messages?

No you can't differenciate the different logical channels (UL/DL CCCH/DCCH, PCCH, ...) automatically. You need to know
what kind of packets you are trying to dissect and call the corresponding dissector accordingly.

Regards,
Pascal.