Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Converting IPv6 from string to internal representation

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 10:10:38 +0200

Hi,

That's what inet_pton() can do for you. Either from the
platform or provided through wsutils/inet_pton.c

Thanks,
Jaap

On
Mon, 16 Aug 2010 11:12:15 +0300, Slava Koyfman  wrote:
Hello,

As
part of my code I have an option that allows a user to set an
IPv6-compatible address in the preferences dialog. I then compare this
address to information in the packet. Obviously, the user would enter
the address in the human-readable form (e.g.:
2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334) and I would then have to parse
it into its computer representation.

Is there a function in Wireshark
that would allow me to do this without implementing the functionality
from scratch?

Thanks,
Slava.