Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: need help with stp capture filter

From: Sake Blok <sake () euronet nl>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:17:46 +0200

On 3 aug 2010, at 16:55, Joe Dewberry wrote:

I'm working on a project where I need a capture filter to see only the BPDUs that have the tcn bit set == 1.

On my non-vlan tagged network STP starts at offset 17 in the ethernet frame (14 bytes ethernet, 3 bytes LLC). Looking
at the STP frame, the flags are at offset 4. The TC flag is the lowest bit. That would result in a filter like:

ether[21] & 1 = 1

Hope this helps,
Cheers,

Sake