Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: About Wiretap Library

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 12:59:45 -0600

On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 08:49:36PM +0200, p2m p2m wrote:

I'm doing my Final Project (University of Málaga, Spain) and need to
use the Wiretap Library. I have been looking for some manual or
documentation about the library for a week but no success. I have read
the Developers Give too, but it doesn't explain to much.

After all, I decided to join the Developers Mailing List to post the
question and learn about developement of Wireshark: Is there any
manual or documentation, as every programming library?

The wiretap library, along with the Wireshark dissector library, have
been developed mainly for Wireshark's use.  Under terms of the GPL,
anyone can use it, but it hasn't been coded or documented with that goal
in mind.

What do you need the wiretap library to do for you?

--
Steve