Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Analysing SOAP requests...

From: Krist van Besien <krist.vanbesien () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 20:42:02 +0200

Hello,

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 1:25 PM, Abhik Sarkar <sarkar.abhik () gmail com> wrote:
In HTTP protocol preferences, you can add "SOAPAction" in the HTTP custom
header fields table and restart Wireshark. When you open the trace after
that, you can use "http.header.SOAPAction" for filtering and for adding
custom column.

Aha, so that is what "custom HTTP headers" are for. I wondered about
that, as I couldn't find a mention of it in the manual, and it is
ofcourse not obvious you have to restart first before it becomes
active.

I'll try it out tomorrow, thanks.

Krist

--