Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Question Regarding Connecting HUB and Wireshark

From: joe tozer <wireshark.20090520 () tozer org uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:00:40 +0100

In message
<1A4EB045BDE54744B11D00EF45172DED62665AC7 () HVXMSPE us lmco com>,
"Spector, Paul" <paul.spector () lmco com> writes
Bart,

Due to specific product configuration, this hub is required. And now I
need to capture the data from a 10Base2 LAN connecting to a 10BaseT
LAN. Any thoughts?

If I've understood correctly a couple of things spring to mind:

use a true 10base2/10baseT hub and connect to the 10base2 network,
probably about GBP1 on eBay

get a 10base2 AUI and a hub that has a 15D(?) AUI connector

a 10base2 card, though finding a PC with the right slots might be an
issue