Wireshark mailing list archives

Disabling TCP Checksum

From: "Sheahan, John" <John.Sheahan () priceline com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 10:59:31 -0400

To avoid the TCP checksum errors for my own machine, I disabled the box that says "Validate the TCP Checksum when
possible" under Preferences/Protocols/TCP.

My question is, although this clears up my traces from constantly getting the "TCP Checksum Error", are there any cons
that I am opening myself up to by changing this setting and should be aware of?

Thanks

John