Wireshark mailing list archives

Wireshark Remote capture

From: <andre.noel () bell ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:10:25 -0400

Hi,

I'm using the remote capture capability introduced in WireShark recently, it's very useful for me to capture
small samples.

My question is:   I would like to know if there is a way to put  a description on remote interfaces so it becomes
more easy to use ( as  we can do using local preferences and apply a human readable description as opposed to
windows \Device\NPF_{9DDE2E1F-D306-41DD-9745-C5C482CE7EDC} kind of).

Regards.

André Noël