Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: compile error on winXP

From: Guy Harris <guy () alum mit edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 16:47:13 -0700

On Oct 20, 2009, at 3:49 PM, Josef Frühwirth wrote:

A:    I followed instructions on
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

A': You probably checked out the SVN source as of a revision between
r30641 and r30648

D: nmake -f Makefile.nmake all fails with output:

You missed

        packet-dcerpc-netlogon.c(6822) : fatal error C1017: Ungültiger
Ausdruck für Ganzzahlkonstante

Can anybody suggest a possible reason of the error?

Revision r30641 added "#if HAVE_KERBEROS", but HAVE_KERBEROS isn't
#defined as an integral constant.

Fortunately, revision r30649 changed it to "#ifdef HAVE_KERBEROS",
which is what it's supposed to be.

(We make no guarantee that an arbitrary SVN revision on the main
branch will compile; the buildbot catches stuff that doesn't compile
on the platforms for which we have buildbot slaves, which includes
Win32 and Win64, but it doesn't prevent something that doesn't compile
from being checked in, it just complains when it doesn't compile, so
that people know it needs to be fixed.)