Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 30586: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.in

From: Gerald Combs <gerald () wireshark org>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 09:00:05 -0700

Guy Harris wrote:
In revision 19752, the AC_CANONICAL_ calls were after the AC_INIT
call.  The "Have autoconf generate "ustar" tar files by default. This
should let us have paths longer than 99 characters." change was the
one that moved them before the AC_INIT call.  Gerald?  Why was that
move done?

As I recall, it was the only way to get things working on my development
machine. Unfortunately it's been reinstalled since then so I can't
recreate the original problem.