Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: [Wireshark-commits] rev 30439: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/crc/: CMakeLists.txt /trunk/epan/: CMakeLists.txt

From: Kovarththanan Rajaratnam <kovarththanan.rajaratnam () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 16:52:12 +0200

Hey,

Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 03:37:20PM +0200, Kovarththanan Rajaratnam wrote:
OK, the (to me :-) convincing arguments were: More than double the amount
of disk space needed during build (less important) and the dissectors were
linked into the binaries statically instead of dynamically. Thinking a bit
more about it, I think that the libs built by the autofoo system are some
sort of "convenience" libs, they are not static libs.

Have you thought about how we should handle the autogenerated
dissectors? I'm looking at this right now and I'm not quite sure how to
do this in a clean fashion. Any ideas?

--
Best regards,
Kovarththanan Rajaratnam