Wireshark mailing list archives

command line option "jump to timestamp"

From: Johanna Sochos <Johanna.Sochos () swissqual com>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 11:06:59 +0100

Hi,

I would like to develop and contribute a small new feature: Similar to
the existing command line option -g where after reading a capture file
the focus goes to the given packet number, I would like to add a new
option to jump to a given timestamp (maybe option -G). Or more
precisely, to the first packet with a later timestamp.

I suggest to use an absolute time in the format 'Jul 20, 2006
17:51:38.368123'.

Do you have any comments or suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Johanna