Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to "Follow TCP Stream" Using tshark

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 19:56:44 -0500

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:08 PM, Mathew Brown <mathewbrown () fastmail fm> wrote:
Hi,
 I was wondering if anyone can highlight how to tell tshark to "Follow
 TCP Stream" which you can easily do using the Wireshark GUI.  Thanks.
--
 Mathew Brown
 mathewbrown () fastmail fm

Hi Mathew,

I don't know if Tshark can rebuild a TCP stream such that the result
is a representation of the TCP payload, but Tcpflow can.

http://www.circlemud.org/~jelson/software/tcpflow/

Sincerely,

Richard