Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: USB dissection

From: Stephen Fisher <steve () stephen-fisher com>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 13:06:27 -0700

On Dec 17, 2009, at 11:57 AM, paul () wsh sbrk co uk wrote:

Thanks. So at the moment packet-usb.c registers usb.bulk and
usb.control
dissector tables. I would also register usb.vendor and usb.vendor-
product
perhaps too, and then instead of calling dissector_add("usb.bulk",
0xffff, h)
I'd now call dissector_add("usb.vendor-product", 0xaaaabbbb, h)
where aaaa
is the vendor and bbbb is the product. Does that sound about right?

Yes.

Steve