WebApp Sec mailing list archives

DEFCON DCG Kerala Information Security Meet 2014 CFP is Open Now.

From: Ajin Abraham <ajin25 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 01:03:46 +0530

About DEFCON DCG Kerala
=================

Defcon DCG Kerala (DC0497) is a Defcon USA Registered group for
promoting and demonstrating research and development in the field of
Information Security. We are a group of Information Security
Enthusiasts actively interested in promoting information security.
Defcon Kerala is a platform for security analysts, ethical hackers,
professionals and students to present their technical research papers
and show case their skills. Defcon Kerala will be a stepping stone for
young professionals, beginners and students by providing a starting
point to advance their knowledge and skill sets.
Defcon Kerala is the right place for all the information security
enthusiasts, hackers, coders, programmers, security & network
professionals, web developers, government, police, business and
enterprise people and all of those who care about ‘Information
Security’.

DEFKETHON CTF
=============

We will host our trademark CTF, DEFKTHON online at
ctf.defconkerala.com on March 03, 2014.

HackSpace
========
HackSpace is a FREE, interactive hands on workshop on hardware
hacking. It'll cover everything from basic microcontroller programming
to hardware based attacks.

Features
------------
1. Hands on workshop
2. Introduction to microcontrollers
3. No programming/hardware experience required!
4. Jumpstart for people interested in hardware hacking
5. Covers Raspberry Pi, Arduino and some other development boards

Call For Papers
============

Topic of Interest
-----------------------

New Security Tools
New Exploits Vulnerabilities and Zero Days
Cyber Forensics
Lock Picking & Physical Security exploitation
Web Application & Network Security
Antivirus/IDS/Firewall/filter evasion techniques
Social Engineering
Browser Exploitation
Mobile Application Security and Exploitation
Wireless Security
Denial of Service Attacks
Hardware Hacking/ SCADA Hacking
Honeypots
Encryption and Cryptography
Fuzzing and Exploitation
Open Source Security
Anonimity in Internet
Carding and Black Market Analysis

NOTE: These are just some sample topics. You can send any topics
related to Information Security.

Submission Format
----------------------------

Send your papers to cfp <AT> defconkerala <DOT> com

Follow the format given below:
Name:
Designation:
Mobile:
Twitter Handle:
Brief Biography:
Paper Title:
Paper Abstract:
Publishing any Tools/Vulnerabilities/Zero Days (YES/NO, If Yes Specify
the details):
Any Additional Requirements:
Attach a face photo shot to be published in the website.

IMPORTANT
Presentation Time : 30 mins

Speaker Benefits
-------------------------
Complimentary Pass to the Event
Certificate of Speaking
Food Coupons

Important Dates
===========
CFP is open: 25th December 2013
CFP Submission Deadline: 10th February 2014
Complete set of Speakers will be published: 20th February 2014
Defcon Kerala Meet 2014 Scheduled on: 8th March 2014
Frequently visit our website for notifications and changes.

For Registration: http://defconkerala.com/registration.html
For Sponsorship Oppertunities: http://defconkerala.com/sponsors.html
For More Information, visit www.defconkerala.com

Regards,
 Ajin Abraham,
 Team DEFCON DCG Kerala
 www.defconkerala.com | www.opensecurity.in

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus