WebApp Sec mailing list archives

putting files with PUT

From: Robin Wood <robin () digininja org>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:03:21 +0000

On a couple of tests recently Nessus has picked up that web servers
have had the PUT method enabled and has demonstrated it by putting a
file then deleting it again. I'm trying to set this up in my lab but
the only way I can find to enable PUT on Apache2 is to have it pass
the data to a PHP script which then process it from stdin. When I try
to send data it seems to expect the data in the same format as a POST

Is there a way to get Apache2 to emulate what I'm seeing on a test
where the data entered is just dropped into a file in the document
root?

This is the first time I've looked at PUT so if I've got the concept
wrong in some way let me know.

Robin

This list is sponsored by Cenzic
Let Us Hack You. Before Hackers Do!
It's Finally Here - The Cenzic Website HealthCheck. FREE.
Request Yours Now!
http://www.cenzic.com/2009HClaunch_Securityfocus