WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: fail2ban

From: Dale Stirling <dale () puredistortion com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:20:26 +1100

Kai,

Here are a few ideas:

Apache Allow,Deny something like.

Order Deny Allow
Deny <the ip making requests>
Allow all

IP tables:

iptables -A INPUT --source <ip making requests> -j REJECT

That will block the IP from making any connections to your server.

Also fail2ban has several ready made apache rules in it it would not
be hard to copy and adapt one of these the pre made rules are in
/etc/fail2ban/fal2ban.d and /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf

Dale