WebApp Sec mailing list archives

OWASP for Charities: Haiti relief effort

From: Dinis Cruz <dinis.cruz () googlemail com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 01:51:09 +0000

Hi, there are days that I am really proud of being part of the OWASP
community, today is one of those days :)

The Haiti tragedy prompt the OWASP community to kickstart a project
that we have talked about several times in the past but never got
around to do it: the OWASP for Charities project.

You can read all about it in the email included below. This email was
sent to all our mailing-list subscribers (more than 10,000), and it
looks like we are on to something, since we already had some great
infrastructure ... there is a need for IT infrastructure to support
the  immediate relief efforts... people to set up local networks and
links between the diff countries (US, France, Spain, etc) who are all
working to aid but are not tied together....  or help keep PCs/net
work devices etc running, basic tech support..."

I just wrote a blog entry with the email's content
(http://bit.ly/OWASP-Haiti) and I would really appreciate if you
linked to it, or just reused its content on your own blog, or
redistributed it to your internal/external mailing lists.

Lets use this opportunity to build a team that is focused on helping
others, since we never know where it will happen next.
Please join us at the OWASP for Charities project, and in the short
term in supporting the Haiti relief effort.

Thanks
Dinis Cruz
OWASP Board Member