WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Securing password between webserver & appserver.

From: Chintan Oza <chintan.oza () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 10:50:15 +0530

Hi Arvind,

There are 1 set of users for which password verification is done by
over server where as in case of other group of users the password
verification will be done by a third party system which expects
password in the plain format.

Correct me if I am wrong but usage of client certificate doesnt help
protect communication between web server and app server as its job
ends at web server which handles ssl.

Thanks,

Chintan

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 9:59 PM, arvind