WebApp Sec mailing list archives

RE: [WEB SECURITY] Re: HTTP Parameter Pollution

From: Stefano Di Paola <stefano.dipaola () wisec it>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 21:58:36 +0200

Martin,

"...
1. Web servers/frameworks/applications can do whatever they want with
multiple occurrences of the same parameter. No standard is actually
defined.
5. It has to be considered a behaviour not an issue.
..."

we do not claim that it's wrong to expect more than one parameter.
As you said, this is perfectly acceptable.
The problem is about which occurrence should be considered in a way that
all behaviours are consistent.
A standard may mitigate this aspect of the issue.

Resume: we totally agree with you.  :)

Cheers,
Stefano & Luca