WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: How can i protect against session hijacking?

From: "Marco M. Morana" <marco.m.morana () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 08:07:59 -0400

I agree that XSS is the culprit here and IP tagging is a bad idea.
I think mutual SSL certificates still provide good mitigation for MiTM assuming the XSS payload is intended to leave a keylogger/spyware on the victim machine. I agree in general that this is your last resort. If you have malware installed on the victim machine you are done unless you authenticate the session with information given to another channel such as SMS

Regards

Marco

----- Original Message ----- From: "Martin O'Neal" <martin.oneal () corsaire com> To: "Marco M. Morana" <marco.m.morana () gmail com>; "Robin Wood" <dninja () gmail com>