WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: Re: JDBC protections against SQL Injection

From: jjs_ritasa () verizon net
Date: 19 Mar 2009 05:04:24 -0000

I just posted a blog on this thread at:

http://realeyes-tech.blogspot.com/2009/03/database-security.html

It covers what JDBC does for you security-wise (almost nothing), what I think the solution should be, and points you
toward what I have done  in my application's UI.  If anyone has any more ideas, I would welcome them.

Later . . .   Jim
http://realeyes.sourceforge.net/

???ƒ?? * wrote:

Hey,

This preach is applicable for any programming language. It all depends
on how well you have done input & output validation. As in what input
you expect & what input is malicious for your app. If all goes well
you can make SQL injection very difficult or even impossible . The
reason I say difficult, because it all depends on how well the SQL
injection is crafted. As far as I recollect I don't think JDBC or for
that case even java gives you predefined class for doing that. But
there is quite a possibility that some one on the internet must have
surely written these classes.

--
Taufiq
http://www.niiconsulting.com/products/iso_toolkit.html