WebApp Sec mailing list archives

Re: [tool] dradis v2.0 released

From: etd <etd () nomejortu com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 10:15:13 +0000

Hi,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We are excited about getting this
kind of input to guide the dradis development to a well tailored
solution. In response to the points you rise:

1.Opening the client end ( console) and typing help doesn't have
certain registered commands available in the previous version like
add.Without this i feel the client end (console) is of no use.

We have been refactoring the dradis client (i.e. keep adding the SOAP
mixing again and again did not make sense! -  see [i]). The truth is
that as you say, the documentation is not that great, but the
functionality is still there.

We had a discussion on the mailing list [ii] a few weeks ago on the
discrepancies of the evolution of the different interfaces. That is why
the current console documentation is not completely updated.

If you check the rdocs [iii] you will find the *missing* methods. I know
it is not ideal, and I apologize for that, but we are already working on
this for the next release.

2.the tools lacks in adequate documentation stating the directives
available to be used in configuration files like server end
configuration file databases.yml.

You are right, we are assuming a certain degree of familiarity with the
Ruby on Rails framework, but this does not have to be the case. The
database.yml is a configuration file of the framework. By default uses
Sqlite3 as a back-end database but many different DBs are supported. In
the configuration section of the site [iv] you can find how to set up a
MySQL connection and also information on other supported engines.

I hope this all goes somewhere towards answering your questions. Please
feel free to get back to us with any issues, also remember that can
always join the project's mailing list at [v].

Regards,

etd

[i]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=492D7E10.7060709%40nomejortu.com&forum_name=dradis-devel
[ii]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=E1Kzf43-0004Hq-2y%40arion.hosts.co.uk&forum_name=dradis-devel

[iii] Core::Providers::DataStore::Provider:
http://dradis.nomejortu.com/rdoc/

[iv] http://dradis.nomejortu.com/configure.html#configure